Aboriginal for a Day

Guess what? On Thursday the 9th of November, the grade 1-2 classes participated in the Aboriginal for a Day incursion. Big Al, Pancakes and Azza led us in many fun activities including dancing, face painting, storytelling and art. We all had a great day and learnt lots about Aboriginal culture. Read some of our thoughts below.

* Thursday was the best day ever! We heard people play the didgeridoo and it was awesome!! We saw traditional dancing and I danced in front of everyone. Pancakes had a kangaroo skin on his back. I liked it.

Noah

* On Thursday I drew a map with Azza. I was so excited because I love drawing. I drew home, boys, girls, emus, water holes, kangaroos and snakes. I had my face painted with brown stripes and white dots. The teachers put the paint onto the end of the paint brush to make the dots.

Brandon

* On Thursday some visitors came to the hall. They were funny. We did face painting, drawing, dancing and Big Al told us a story about how the echidna got its spikes. We jumped like kangaroos, walked like echidnas and flowed like eagles. I had fun.

Puneet