BOOK CHARACTER PARADE

Thursday 24th August

On Thursday the 24th of August, our school celebrated Book Week by organising a Book Character Parade. It was a GREAT way to come together as a whole school community. It seemed that many of the characters that we have grown to love and cherish had stepped out of their books and into our assembly area. Students from Prep to Year 6 dressed up as their favourite story book character and paraded in the school hall to much applause and appreciation from the audience.

As usual, parents and students alike are to be congratulated on their imaginative and inspired costumes. The playground was awash with colour and drama!

Sophie Stefanidis

The Book Character Parade was amazing! I saw people having a parade. They dressed as Harry Potter, Spider Man and Batgirl and Batman. By Marline

I felt so amazed that everyone looked so good. People said nice things to each other. My costume was Spiderman. By Sam

Our Book Character Parade was colourful and exciting, as reflected in the photos below

Wow! I felt good at the parade because I like all the costumes. I dressed like Thorman. By Ryan

Guess what? Today I was feeling proud because I dressed up as a cow girl from Toy Story. My favourite book character was Mary Poppins. When the principal announced the winner, it was tin man. By Delta